Jhal Mudhi | Masala Mudhi

Masala Mudhi is one of the favorite tea time staple in Bengal and Odisha. The other Nick names are Murmura or Jhal Mudhi  or Masala Bhel.

Thinking of the name, takes me to those long train journeys, where many vendors roam with a setup, selling Masala Mudhi. As soon as the delicious aroma  reaches me, no matter how full I am, it makes me drooling always 😋😋 Every time I see a roadside stall selling Jhal Mudhi, the smell of it is irresistible.

Now my husband makes the best "Masala Mudhi" that I had till date. When we want to have something quick in teatime, he makes a bowl of it ready within minutes.

Today's recipe from Panda's Kitchen is "Masala Mudhi" or "Jhal Muri", the recipe stolen from my husband <<sussshhhh>>

 Ingredients :

  • 1 Cucumber - finely chopped 
  • 1 Tomato - finely chopped 
  • 1 Onion - finely chopped 
  • 1/2 Carrot - finely chopped 
  • 1 Green Chilly - finely chopped (optional)
  • Some coconut - cut into small pieces 
  • Some Chopped Coriander Leaves 
  • 1 tbsp Groundnuts 
  • 1 tbsp Boiled Black Channa 
  • 1 tsp Mango Pickle (optional, but it gives the best taste) 
  • 3 cups Puffed Rice/Mudhi 
  • 1 cup Mixture 
  • 1 tsp Mustard Oil 
  • 1/2 tsp Black Salt 
  • 1/2 tsp Chat Masala 
  • 1 tsp sweet and sour coriander Chutney 
  • Juice of half Lemon

Recipe Details : 

✓ Take all of these ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.

✓ Have it immediately before Mudhi becomes soggy.

Comments

Post a Comment

Your Voice Counts